The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that the U.S. Justice Department has hired a well-known lawyer for a possible antitrust lawsuit against Google. The lawyer, Sanford Litvack, was the Justice Department antitrust chief for President Jimmy Carter as well as a former vice chairman of Disney and partner at law firm Hogan & Hartson. The report says that it is not clear if the possible challenge would be to the Google-Yahoo search advertising partnership alone or if it would encompass Google’s overall online-advertising business. Lawyers familiar with the review told the Journal that “For weeks, U.S. lawyers have been deposing witnesses and issuing subpoenas for documents to support a challenge to the deal.”
Don’t Get Caught With Plugin VulnerabililitesWith our Plugin Vulnerabilities service you are alerted if you any of the WordPress plugins you use contain a security vulnerability.
Search This Blog
- Sucuri Makes A Persuasive Case That You Should Avoid Using Their Services
- SiteLock Promotes The Idea That Protecting Websites Involves Leaving Them Vulnerable to Being Hacked
- HostGator Is Actively Hiding the True Nature of Their Partnership With SiteLock
- Cyber Security Company’s Poor Website Security Reminder of Industry’s Lack of Focus On Actually Improving Security
- ZDNet’s Zero Day Blog Doesn’t Understand What A Zero-Day Vulnerability Is
Web Software Updates
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.