Microsoft has launched a new rewards program for Live Search according to a article by CNET News. The program, called SearchPerks, gives “tickets” to users of Microsoft’s Live Search search engine that can be redeemed for prizes or a donation to a charity. For each search a participant in the program receives one ticket, with a maximum of 25 per day. Participants receive 500 tickets for signing up for the program. The prize that can redeemed for the lowest amount of tickets is a ringtone for 105 tickets and the prize require the most amount of ticket is a Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows for 5500 tickets. The program is schedule to run through April 15, 2009, allowing a participant to accrue a maximum of 5425 tickets, falling short of what would be required for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. The program is limited to up to one million U.S. residents and requires using Internet Explorer 6 or above, the Windows operating system, and installing a toolbar. Microsoft has run a number of programs tied to using Live Search including Live Search Club, Search and Give, and Live Search Cashback.
Don’t Get Caught With Plugin VulnerabililitesWith our Plugin Vulnerabilities service you are alerted if you any of the WordPress plugins you use contain a security vulnerability.
Search This Blog
- Use of Very Outdated Versions of WordPress Security Plugin Is a Reminder of the Challenges to Improving Security
- It’s Scary How Little Wordfence Knows About Security
- Questionable Support Advice on Dealing With Hacked Websites From WordPress and Norton Safe Web’s Mystery Blacklisting
- Automattic Helping Security Companies Peddle False Narrative of Brute Force Attacks Against WordPress Admin Passwords
- WordPress Also Disappeared a Support Forum Post That Just Thanked Us
Web Software Updates
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.