A post on the Inside AdSense blog announced the beta release of AdSense for Games, an advertising program for online games. According to Google, the program will support displaying video ads, image ads, or text ads before a game, after a level change, or when a game is over. Google is selling ad placement directly to “top brand advertisers” and providing contextually targeted text and image ads based on content and demographic information. Advertisers who are part of the program so far include Sprint, Sony Pictures, and Esurance. The program is currently enrolling publishers who have a minimum of 500,000 game plays per day and have 80% of their traffic from the U.S. or the U.K.
Search This Blog
- 30 Percent of WordPress Plugins Haven’t Been Updated by Their Developers in Over Two Years
- Major African Bank Running Outdated and Very Insecure Version of Joomla
- Automatically Updating Plugins in WordPress
- Migrating From Joomla 1.5 Won’t Necessarily Clean Up a Hack
- Why Are The Developers of Revive Adserver Ignoring The Statistics Bug in Version 3.0.3?
Web Software Updates
WordPress VersionWe are running WordPress 3.9 and despite what many supposed "security experts" claim letting you know what version we are running does not make us less secure.
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.