A new study by the Nielsen Company found an increase in the use of and time of use of the Internet in the United States. The study found that 160,069,000 Americans 2 years and older used the Internet monthly in the third quarter of 2008, an increase of 4.2 percent from the third quarter 2007. The study also found that the average American 2 years or older spent 27:18 hours a month on the Internet in the third quarter of 2008, up 5.7 percent from third quarter of 2007. The amount of time spent on the Internet by age was: 5:38 hours for 2-11 years old, 12:48 hours for 12-17 years old, 12:59 hours for 18-24 years old, 28:40 hours for 25-34 years old, 37:56 hours for 35-44 years old, 35:24 hours for 45-54 years old, 35:05 hours for 55-64 years old, and 26:39 hours for 65 years and older. Finally, the study found the average American watch 2:31 hours of online video in the third quarter of 2008. The figures were calculated using Nielsen’s Internet panels, which are measured electronically.
Don’t Get Caught With Plugin VulnerabililitesWith our Plugin Vulnerabilities service you are alerted if you any of the WordPress plugins you use contain a security vulnerability.
Search This Blog
- Sucuri Makes A Persuasive Case That You Should Avoid Using Their Services
- SiteLock Promotes The Idea That Protecting Websites Involves Leaving Them Vulnerable to Being Hacked
- HostGator Is Actively Hiding the True Nature of Their Partnership With SiteLock
- Cyber Security Company’s Poor Website Security Reminder of Industry’s Lack of Focus On Actually Improving Security
- ZDNet’s Zero Day Blog Doesn’t Understand What A Zero-Day Vulnerability Is
Web Software Updates
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.