Google has announced that AdWords has added new features to the local business ads that appear in Google Maps. The info window that is displayed when a listing is clicked now provides links to get directions, view a street view, and save the location to user’s My Maps. The option for the user to receive the business’s information on their phone on in an email will be added “shortly.” Advertisers will not be charge for users using these new features. Local business ads currently are available for businesses located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Australia, Belgium, and Spain. In addition, Google will begin to provide reporting of user interaction with local business ads ” in a few weeks.”
Search This Blog
- 30 Percent of WordPress Plugins Haven’t Been Updated by Their Developers in Over Two Years
- Major African Bank Running Outdated and Very Insecure Version of Joomla
- Automatically Updating Plugins in WordPress
- Migrating From Joomla 1.5 Won’t Necessarily Clean Up a Hack
- Why Are The Developers of Revive Adserver Ignoring The Statistics Bug in Version 3.0.3?
Web Software Updates
WordPress VersionWe are running WordPress 3.9 and despite what many supposed "security experts" claim letting you know what version we are running does not make us less secure.
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.