Google has announced that AdWords has added new features to the local business ads that appear in Google Maps. The info window that is displayed when a listing is clicked now provides links to get directions, view a street view, and save the location to user’s My Maps. The option for the user to receive the business’s information on their phone on in an email will be added “shortly.” Advertisers will not be charge for users using these new features. Local business ads currently are available for businesses located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Australia, Belgium, and Spain. In addition, Google will begin to provide reporting of user interaction with local business ads ” in a few weeks.”
Are Your Websites Up to Date?You can keep track of what versions of concrete5, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, MediaWiki, Moodle, PrestaShop, Revive Adserver, TYPO3, SPIP, WordPress, and Zen Cart are running on all of the websites you manage with our Up to Date? Chrome app.
Search This Blog
- Hacking Team Failed To Take Basic Security Measure With Their Website
- Security Company with WordPress Security Plugin Doesn’t Keep Their Own WordPress Installation Up to Date
- Magento Still Failing To Take Basic and Important Security Measure with Their Software
- Behind the Scenes of a Hack That Causes a Website to Redirect on Mobile Devices
- Sucuri Security Uses Bad Data to Try to Scare People into Using Their Service
Web Software Updates
WordPress VersionWe are running WordPress 4.2.3 and despite what many supposed "security experts" claim letting you know what version we are running does not make us less secure.
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.