Google has announced that AdWords has added new features to the local business ads that appear in Google Maps. The info window that is displayed when a listing is clicked now provides links to get directions, view a street view, and save the location to user’s My Maps. The option for the user to receive the business’s information on their phone on in an email will be added “shortly.” Advertisers will not be charge for users using these new features. Local business ads currently are available for businesses located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Australia, Belgium, and Spain. In addition, Google will begin to provide reporting of user interaction with local business ads ” in a few weeks.”
Don’t Get Caught With Plugin VulnerabililitesWith our Plugin Vulnerabilities service you are alerted if you any of the WordPress plugins you use contain a security vulnerability.
Search This Blog
- Joomla Firewalls Are Not a Replacement For Properly Cleaning Up a Hacked Website
- SiteLock Promoted Services To WordPress.com Users That Are Not Relevant to Them
- SiteLock Filed a DMCA Takedown Notice Against Our Website For A Screenshot of Their Homepage
- Joomla Hack Cleanup Provider Still Using Joomla Version EOL’d Over Four and Half Years Ago
- WordPress Giving Legitimacy to SiteLock By Allowing Them to Sponsor and Attend WordCamps
Web Software Updates
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.