In a post on the Inside AdSense Blog, it was announced that AdSense for feeds was made publicly available today. According to CNET News, it was “soft-launched to a small group of AdSense users back in May.” AdSense for feeds integrates ads into RSS feeds through Google’s FeedBurner. According to Google, they will be selling cost-per-impression (CPM) ads directly to the largest advertisers and the rest of the ad inventory will be made up of contextually targeted cost-per-click (CPC) and CPM ads. FeedBurner’s former independent FeedBurner Ad Network closed several weeks ago.
Are Your Websites Up to Date?You can keep track of what versions of concrete5, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, MediaWiki, Moodle, PrestaShop, Revive Adserver, TYPO3, SPIP, WordPress, and Zen Cart are running on all of the websites you manage with our Up to Date? Chrome app.
Search This Blog
- 44.7 Percent of Plugins in the WordPress.org Plugin Directory Haven’t Been Updated in Over Two Years
- CloudAccess.net Stores Non-Hashed FTP/SFTP/SSH Passwords
- Does the Vulnerability Fixed in WordPress 4.2.1 Also Impact WordPress 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9?
- InMotion Hosting Prominently Promoting Installation of EOL’d Joomla Version
- Most Website Hackers Are Not Sophisticated
Web Software Updates
WordPress VersionWe are running WordPress 4.2.2 and despite what many supposed "security experts" claim letting you know what version we are running does not make us less secure.
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.