Google today announced the launch of Google Insights for Search, a tool that breaks search behavior data down by time, region, and category. The tool builds on Google Trends, providing all the information provided by that tool except for data on language. The tool adds a visual display of regional data using a heat map. The tool allows searching within categories and subcategories. If you were looking for search behavior related to apples, you would select the Food & Drink category to exclude related to the computer company. The tool also provides data as to what are the top and rising search terms related to the term searched for. The different search options can be combined to provide specific data. For example data on searches for prius in 2008 in the US state of California, shows which cities have the most search but also what related terms people have also been searching on.
Don’t Get Caught With Plugin VulnerabililitesWith our Plugin Vulnerabilities service you are alerted if you any of the WordPress plugins you use contain a security vulnerability.
Search This Blog
- WordPress Doesn’t Want You To Know That WordCamp Sponsor SiteLock Takes Advantage of People
- Here Are SiteLock’s Web Hosting Partners, You Probably Should Avoid Them
- Misleading Vulnerability Statistics and Plone Security
- Another Cyber Security Company In The News Failing To Do Security Basic With Their Own Website
- 123 Reg’s Partnership With SiteLock is Already Producing the Expected Bad Results
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.