The first beta of WordPress 2.8 was released on Saturday according to a post on the WordPress Blog. The new version features a new widget API that should lead to better widgets, a theme browser/installer and performance upgrades. Only minor changes have been made to the interface, following the major changes that occurred in the previous version. You can see a full lists of changes in 2.8 at the WordPress Codex.
Don’t Get Caught With Plugin VulnerabililitesWith our Plugin Vulnerabilities service you are alerted if you any of the WordPress plugins you use contain a security vulnerability.
Search This Blog
- WordPress Doesn’t Want You To Know That WordCamp Sponsor SiteLock Takes Advantage of People
- Here Are SiteLock’s Web Hosting Partners, You Probably Should Avoid Them
- Misleading Vulnerability Statistics and Plone Security
- Another Cyber Security Company In The News Failing To Do Security Basic With Their Own Website
- 123 Reg’s Partnership With SiteLock is Already Producing the Expected Bad Results
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.