Meta Generator Version Check Extension
Meta Generator Version Check is a web browser extension that checks the meta generator tag, that is sometimes placed in web pages, to see if it the web page is generated from an outdated version of web software. It is available for Chrome.
It currently includes warnings for:
- WordPress versions prior to 4.4.2
- Joomla versions prior to 3.4.8
- MediaWiki versions prior to 1.23.11, 1.25.3, and 1.26.0
- vBulletin versions prior to 4.2.2
- TYPO3 versions 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, and versions prior to 6.2
- concrete5 versions prior to 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- SPIP versions prior to 2.1.29 and 3.0.20
- Exponent CMS versions prior to 2.2.3 and 2.3.7
- Zinnia versions prior to 0.15.2
- Revive Adserver (formerly OpenX) versions price to 3.2.2
- WooFramework versions prior to 6.1.4
If you see that we are missing a check for software that provides a meta generator tag with version information please let us know so that we can include that in the extension.
The extension is localized for the following languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian (Bokmål), Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Report an Issue
To report an issue with the extension please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.