Keeping your installation of Moodle up to date allows you to remain protected against security vulnerabilities, fixes bugs, and major upgrades also add new features and functionality. The current versions of Moodle are 3.1.12, 3.3.6, 3.4.3, and 3.5 (check what version you are currently running). We can do the upgrade for you following the proper upgrade procedure. We will also upgrade any out of date plugins that are installed.
If you are upgrading from 1.9.x or below you will need to find a replacement theme as older themes are not compatible with the newer versions of Moodle.
For upgrades from one major version to another (e.g. 2.3.x to 2.7.x) we will set up a test of the upgrade in a directory on your website so that you can test out the new version before having the upgrade applied to the production website. We can usually upgrade your Moodle installation in a few days.
If you are need of compatibility with Google's ReCaptcha v2 then we upgrade you to a version of Moodle that supports that.
We have experience handling Moodle upgrades for schools, universities, certifying bodies, religious organizations, and others.
We also offer a subscription service for doing Moodle upgrades on an ongoing basis.
Hosting Requirements for 3.4.x:
(We can check with your hosting provider to make sure that these requirements are met.)
- PHP version 7.0.0 or greater
- MySQL version 5.5.31 or greater, MariaDB 5.5.31 or greater, PostgreSQL version 9.3 or greater, MSSQL version 2008 or greater, or Oracle version 10.2 or greater
- Minimum 512MB memory limit
- $400 USD to upgrade a website running 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 3.3.x, or 3.4.x to 3.5.
- $500 USD to upgrade a website running 2.7.x, 2.8.x 2.9.x, or 3.0.x to 3.5.
- $600 USD to upgrade a website running 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x, 2.5.x, or 2.6.x to 3.5.
- $700 USD to upgrade a website running 2.0.x or 2.1.x to 3.5.
- $900 USD to upgrade a website running 1.9.x to 3.5.
Payment is due after the upgrade has been completed. We accept payment by credit card, debit card, or eCheck through PayPal in a number of currencies.