The European Union opened a review into the Google-Yahoo search advertising partnership in July, according to Los Angeles Times article. The planned partnership is only in the United States and Canada, but Jonathan Todd, a spokesman for the European Union’s competition commission, told the Times that “since the two companies do business in Europe, the cooperation could violate European Commission rules on anti-competitive practices, such as price-fixing and sharing of sensitive business information.” Todd also said that the review “would focus on the possible effects of the deal on European Commission rules relating to restrictive business practices.” Last week the U.S. Justice Department hired lawyer Sanford Litvack in preparation for a possible challenge to the partnership.
Are Your Websites Up to Date?You can keep track of what versions of concrete5, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, MediaWiki, Moodle, PrestaShop, Revive Adserver, TYPO3, SPIP, WordPress, and Zen Cart are running on all of the websites you manage with our Up to Date? Chrome app.
Search This Blog
- Hacking Team Failed To Take Basic Security Measure With Their Website
- Security Company with WordPress Security Plugin Doesn’t Keep Their Own WordPress Installation Up to Date
- Magento Still Failing To Take Basic and Important Security Measure with Their Software
- Behind the Scenes of a Hack That Causes a Website to Redirect on Mobile Devices
- Sucuri Security Uses Bad Data to Try to Scare People into Using Their Service
Web Software Updates
WordPress VersionWe are running WordPress 4.2.3 and despite what many supposed "security experts" claim letting you know what version we are running does not make us less secure.
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.