The European Union opened a review into the Google-Yahoo search advertising partnership in July, according to Los Angeles Times article. The planned partnership is only in the United States and Canada, but Jonathan Todd, a spokesman for the European Union’s competition commission, told the Times that “since the two companies do business in Europe, the cooperation could violate European Commission rules on anti-competitive practices, such as price-fixing and sharing of sensitive business information.” Todd also said that the review “would focus on the possible effects of the deal on European Commission rules relating to restrictive business practices.” Last week the U.S. Justice Department hired lawyer Sanford Litvack in preparation for a possible challenge to the partnership.
Search This Blog
- 30 Percent of WordPress Plugins Haven’t Been Updated by Their Developers in Over Two Years
- Major African Bank Running Outdated and Very Insecure Version of Joomla
- Automatically Updating Plugins in WordPress
- Migrating From Joomla 1.5 Won’t Necessarily Clean Up a Hack
- Why Are The Developers of Revive Adserver Ignoring The Statistics Bug in Version 3.0.3?
Web Software Updates
WordPress VersionWe are running WordPress 3.8.3 and despite what many supposed "security experts" claim letting you know what version we are running does not make us less secure.
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.