Yahoo has announced that they have hired Carol Bartz as their new Chief Executive Officer. Bartz replaces Jerry Yang, who in mid November announced he would step down as CEO once a successor was appointed after having served in the position for 17 months. Bartz previously spent 14 years as the CEO of Autodesk, ending in 2006. Yahoo also announced that President Sue Decker would resign from the company following a “transitional period”.
Are Your Websites Up to Date?You can keep track of what versions of concrete5, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, MediaWiki, Moodle, PrestaShop, Revive Adserver, TYPO3, SPIP, WordPress, and Zen Cart are running on all of the websites you manage with our Up to Date? Chrome app.
Search This Blog
- GoDaddy Distributing Software With Known Security Vulnerabilities
- GoDaddy’s Bad Response to the Drupal 7 Vulnerability
- Drupal 7.32 Usage Reached 24 Percent in Second Week
- Exploit Attempts of Drupal 7 Vulnerability Are Reminder That Hiding Software Versions in Use Isn’t a Security Measure
- Handling Errors in Modules Caused by Zen Cart 1.5.3’s Change to the mysqli Extension
Web Software Updates
WordPress VersionWe are running WordPress 4.0.1 and despite what many supposed "security experts" claim letting you know what version we are running does not make us less secure.
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.