The first beta of WordPress 2.8 was released on Saturday according to a post on the WordPress Blog. The new version features a new widget API that should lead to better widgets, a theme browser/installer and performance upgrades. Only minor changes have been made to the interface, following the major changes that occurred in the previous version. You can see a full lists of changes in 2.8 at the WordPress Codex.
Using Insecure WordPress Plugins?Does your WordPress blog contain known insecure plugins? Check Now
Search This Blog
- Outdated Versions of Joomla 2.5.x and 3.x Widely Used
- Norton Secured Seal Service Doesn’t Do Basic Security Check
- Joomla Hack Cleanup Providers Don’t Care About the Security of Their Own Websites
- Joomla 1.5 Still Widely Used Despite Support Ending in September of 2012
- Checking For Outdated Plesk Installations or InfoRiskToday’s Bad Security
Web Software Updates
WordPress VersionWe are running WordPress 3.8.1 and despite what many supposed "security experts" claim letting you know what version we are running does not make us less secure.
Did We Make a Mistake?While it seems to be acceptable for blogs discussing web security to contain numerous factual mistakes, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. We only write about things that we actually understand and only after we have double checked the information. So if you see a mistake in one of our posts please leave a comment on the post or contact us so that we can add a correction.