Meta Generator Version Check Extension
Meta Generator Version Check is a web browser extension that checks the meta generator tag, that is sometimes placed in web pages, to see if it the web page is generated from an outdated version of web software. It is available for Firefox and Chrome.
A web-based version is also available.
It currently includes warnings for:
- WordPress versions prior to 3.8.1
- Joomla 1.0, 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7
- MediaWiki versions prior 1.19.11, 1.21.5, and 1.22.2
- vBulletin versions prior to 4.2.2
- TYPO3 version 4.6 and versions prior to 4.5
- Movable Type versions prior to 5.1561 and 5.2.9
- concrete5 versions prior to 126.96.36.199
- Zinnia versions prior 0.14
- Revive Adserver (formerly OpenX) versions price to 3.0.2
- WooFramework versions prior to 5.4.2
If you see that we are missing a check for software that provides a meta generator tag with version information please let us know so that we can include that in the extension.
The extension has been localized for the Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian (Bokmål), Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese languages.
Report an Issue
To report an issue please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.