Set Up a Google Malware Warning Email Alert
March 5, 2010
When Google detects malware on your website they will attempt to send an email notification to the following email addresses at your domain: abuse, admin, administrator, contact, info, postmaster, support, and webmaster. You can also instruct Google to send a message to an email of your choice by following the steps below.
- Sign into the Google Webmaster Tools with your Google Account, if you don't have a Google Account create an account by following the "Create an account now" link on the page.
- Make sure that the email address you want the message forwarded to is associated with your Google Account.
- Click on "Add a site..." button, type in the URL of your website and the click the "Continue" button.
- You will then be giving the choice to verify your website with either a Meta tag or HTML file. Select which verification method you want to use. Place the verification Meta tag or HTML file on your website. Then click the "Verify" button.
- Click on the "Forward Your Messages" Link
- Check the box "Forward my messages" and select the email address you want the message forwarded to.
- Click the "Save" button and you are done.